Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

Is it true that only published opinions will show up in Google

Is it true that only published opinions will show up in Google scholar, or do unpublished opinions also appear there for a time?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this question.

Yes, Google scholar has access to unpublished academic opinions such as Masters theses and doctoral dissertations that they deem of interest. Not all articles are included.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Zoey, JD,

Thanks for taking my question. I meant unpublished memoranda opinions from the courts, i.e., unpublished under a rule of the court.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it apparently does. According to NYU Law School, you can get access through Google Scholar to legal opinions, which include opinions from the Supreme Court from 1971 to present. (See link)