Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Does a Federal District Court retain (after a trial is over)

Does a Federal District Court retain (after a trial is over) a copy of the exhibits prepared for trial?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.

If the exhibits had been filed with the Court, then yes. This documentation is then retained in the imaging system and is considered part of the record, and may often be available to other parties who request the record.

Records from the court's file may be requested in person from the court's clerk, or online via the PACER system - here.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the reply button to keep chatting, or rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.