Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

family law

Customer Question

I lived with my partner in the US for 5 years, now I moved back to europe. we have a daughter together, 18 months, which lives with her mother. because the mother told they will come to europe after 6 months, I paid 2000-2500 dollars a month for daycare and wellfare. now I leared that the mother cheated on me, and never had planned to come to europe but to stay in the US. she now wants me after separation from her side (not married!) to continue to pay 2000 dollars or more. the german court has made a title that I have to pay 500 dollars for the daughter (I have three other children from first marriage in europe). Now the ex partner in USA wants to sue me to pay 2000-2500. 1. how likely is that the US court will change the title from germany? 2. how fast will it be that she can change it|in California when there is a european title? 3. can she get fast access to my bank account in the US or the court? 4. what is the approximate percentage of net income after reduction of expenses that has to be paid for childcare? 5. what are next steps for me to protect me? 6. how easy will it be for her to get access to my bank account in europe before a court has decided? in europe some countries you can 'freez" a bank account; again , I have a legal title for 500 dollars per months. Thank you!

Category: US Law
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I lived with my partner in the US for 5 years, now I moved back to europe. we have a daughter together, 18 months, which lives with her mother in CA. Because the mother told they will come to Europe after 6 months, I paid 2000-2500 dollars a month for daycare and wellfare. Now I learned that the mother cheated on me, and never had planned to come to Europe but to stay in the US. she now wants me after separation from her side (not married!) to continue to pay 2000 dollars or more. the german court has made a title that I have to pay 500 dollars for the daughter (I have three other children from first marriage in Europe). Now the ex partner in USA wants to sue me to pay 2000-2500 US$/ month.
Q:
1. how likely is that the US court will change the title from germany?
2. how fast will it be that she can change it|in California when there is a european title?
3. can she get fast access to my bank account in the US or the court?
4. what is the approximate percentage of net income after reduction of expenses that has to be paid for childcare?
5. what are next steps for me to protect me?
6. how easy will it be for her to get access to my bank account in europe before a court has decided? in europe some countries you can 'freeze" a bank account; again , I have a legal title to pay 500 dollars per months for my daughter in CA.