Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

Hi, Im trying to sell a piece of land we own in the us, and

Hi, I'm trying to sell a piece of land we own in the us, and they're telling me I need an attorney could you advise?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a US lawyer.
I don't know where your house is, but in many US states parties to the sale of a house must be represented by counsel.

To find a real estate lawyer in the state where your house is, you can contact the Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service in that state and they can refer you to an attorney who can assist you. Their referral fee is about $50, but it includes a half hour free consultation with the lawyer, which you can have over the phone so that you don't have to fly in from the UK to do so.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could not get in touch with anyone at the bar association but still not done yet.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 years ago.
You could also try a commercial legal referral site, such as Martindale.com or Avvo.com