Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

i am in the uk and my passport has been blocked by the us because

i am in the uk on holiday and my passport has been blocked by the us because i owe child support how do i get back home and not be an over stayer in the uk I have not got the money to pay it off and I cannot get home to work

Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one. Also, we have been having technical issues lately. If you respond and you do not see your response, please post again until you can see it because if you cannot see it, I cannot see it to respond.

I am sorry for this issue that you are having. This is not an uncommon problem. You will need to contact the U.S. Embassy and request a limited validity U.S. Passport which would be good most likely for one entry into the U.S. When your arrears falls below $2500, you will be able to get a regular U.S. Passport.

Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. After you rate positively, a bonus is always appreciated, and I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Please do not log off without rating positively. It is VERY important for me to receive credit since I receive no salary. You are not charged again. If you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!