Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

Hi Joshua Could you tell me what the chances of getting

Hi Joshua
Could you tell me what the chances of getting a visa to usa would be.i've had a class b drugs conviction when I was 19 years old.i received a 9 months prison sentence, something of which I find hard to talk about.i am now 40 years of age,but for many years have been to scared to apply in fear of rejection. Any help would be appreciated
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one. Also, we have been having technical issues lately. If you respond and you do not see your response, please post again until you can see it because if you cannot see it, I cannot see it to respond.

Hello. I am not sure who Joshua is, but I do not believe we have an expert in the US Law category named Joshua, so if you wouldn't mind, I will take a crack at your question.

I understand that it will be hard to talk about, but I can have this question locked down for privacy when we are done so that no one else can read it. What was the amount of drug and what type of drug was it? Was there any buying, selling, or transporting involved? What type of visa to the U.S. are you looking to obtain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was about £1000 of drugs and I got charged with possession with intent to supply. It was amphetamine a class b drug. And I were just hoping to take my family on holiday.maybe in a couple of years time .but to scared to apply. Thankyou

Steven, so sorry about the delay. It has been crazy today. You should NOT be afraid to apply. There is no criminal penalty and all that can happen is simply that they say no. While there is no immigrant waiver available to you for such a crime, there is a non-immigrant waiver available to you if you just want to visit. Apply now and get it out of the way and if you fail, apply again. There is no penalty.

First, you would have to file for a B-2 visa which can be found here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

And you would need a 212(d)(3) waiver which can either be done by the immigration officer at the interview or after just on their computer (take a look at this link):

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87150.pdf

or on form I-192 which can be found at www.uscis.gov/forms. You can find more information here:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2003,0930-labrie.shtm

Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, “To finish…” I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.

Hello Steven. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!