Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

I wish to get married in San Francisco and am trying to understand

I wish to get married in San Francisco and am trying to understand the legal requirements of the UK the website has directed me around and about to the American Embassy.
I understand we need to get a marriage licence (easy) a marriage certificate is lodged by the officiant but what I don't understand is if we need an apostille what this is and how to get it. Can you help?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Are you planning to immigrate to the U.S. or you just want ot marry here and then go back to the UK to live?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just get married then we go back to the UK 2 days later!!

Ok. It is actually very simple. Take a look at this official link:

http://www.sfgov2.org/?page=17

So a valid passport would be fine. If it doesn't have his full name, then he will need a certified copy of a birth certificate. That means that it is a copy stamped by an authority in the UK attesting that it is a valid and true copy of an original.

Also, just in case you want to marry somewhere else, you can always go to http://usmarriagelaws.com/

Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, “To finish…” I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.