Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

further to my previous enquiry. the executors have now submitted

further to my previous enquiry. the executors have now submitted revised accounts to the Orphans court (which we call the Probate office) and hopefully will be approved.
Do you know what procedures have to be followed in order to allow the executorss to pay out the bequests. Is it a lengthy wait?
I do not want the expense of asking an attorney in Maryland. If you do not know, please dio not worry as time will eventually tell.
regards
Category: US Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.

I'm not a Maryland lawyer, and I cannot detail all of the steps that have to be followed under their law. I do know that disbursement to the heirs can take a short time or a long time depending on the particular facts and circumstances regarding the estate. However, if you're an heir, you should be hearing from the executor first within 9 months of his apointment and then every six months when each account is approved. So you're right. While the lawyer involved may be unwilling to predict the future, time will eventually answer the question,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. It is clearly more complicated than here in the UK. I have had experience here as an executor, and once the accounts have been submitted and the tax paid, bequest could then be made and paid. It seems we just have to be patient. Your help is much appreciated. Regards
Bruce McKenzie
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
I think that sometimes these matters go through here too without a hitch. It depends upon how complicated the decedent's holdings are, as they could have to be liquidated, and whether the estate is being contested.

Sorry I can't be more specific.