Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Dear sir / MadamI will like to know if a broker misrepresent

Customer Question

Dear sir / Madam
I will like to know if a broker misrepresent a property to you that you get 18.5 % Rental income monthly from a property bought in USA , you then comitted and bought the property. you got 3 months rental income and for the rest of the 18 months there was no income coming in and the broker new this was happening before the property was sold to you what do you do ???
Category: US Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.
I am sorry to hear about this. Can you by chance clarify as to what exactly happened? I am not quite sure I understand the situation.
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In 2012 a broker company advertised property for sale in Detriot in USA and garanteed rental income of 18.5% ROI and also promise they have management company who will also manage the company .l saw the property and got into agreement with the company. Closed the deal in feb 2012 and was due to start collecting rental income. Things started going wrong. The rental income was not forth coming .I got in touch with the broker they both played me. I then got some rental incom for some time for 3months . Then the income stopped again.I got worried and wrote to the brokers director but he did notreply and the staff in the brokers company got nasty and they stopped returning my calls,email or any correspondent so did the property seller.
I was then told by other people that bought property from this same broker and on their website that the broker was aware of this problem from the same seller and same property management company that they stop making rental income after making a few rental income.
For the last 18 month or so l have notreceived any more rental income or communication fro both the broker , seller / management company.
Hope this clearifies things .
What do i do the broker in based in uk and the seller/ managenet company are based in Detriot / Canada.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.