Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

my friend in USA for 20 years, married 17 years to USA citizen,

Customer Question

my friend in USA for 20 years, married 17 years to USA citizen, children and grand children, always had work permit till recently and now are threatening to deport him over a criminal record from 30years ago, is this legal and what can i do to help
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Yes, it is legal, but let's see what the issue is. What was the crime? What was the sentences? When was he originally admitted to the U.S.? When did he receive U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency? And what is your connection to him?