Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

I was charged 2nd dec for DD going to court 16th yet am to

Customer Question

I was charged 2nd dec for DD going to court 16th yet am to fly to NY 17 yet have no idea how to answer Moral turpitude question can you please advise?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a US criminal lawyer in New York.

What does DD stand for? It's not an abbreviation we use here in New York.

Do you expect to plead guilty to this offense on the 16th or will the case still be pending when you fly over?

Is this matter your only contact with the criminal justice system?

Can you give me the exact wording of the moral turpitude question you're concerned about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry DD means (drink driving). I am expecting to get a ban from driving for a while. Follow a stupid mistake on my part. First ever driving offence in 18 years of driving. And never been in trouble before.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. I had to take a phone call.

A drunk driving conviction would not be considered a crime of moral turpitude for purposes of a visa. And of course, you don't have a conviction at this time.