Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

Can we file a Petition Relative, Form I-130

Can we file a Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 and then wait to submit the rest of the forms at a later date?
I am aware that there is a time limit once an immigrant visa application for a foreign spouse of a USA citizen is approved, but is there a time limit after Form I-130?
I ask because we have a specific amount of money we want to save before moving. We'd like to get the paperwork started by submitting the I-I30, but we're not too sure how long it will take us to save up the amount we wanted.
Maggie
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome back. I think I may have some good news for you. When do you actually want to immigrate to the U.S.?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are hoping to move over within the next 5-12 months, but is depends on a few things. We were considering applying for the 1st part of the process immediately and then wait until a more suitable time to proceed with the remainder of the application. Is this at all possible?

Maggie

Well, as you know, the K-3 takes around 9 months, the IR-1 takes a little more than 9 months. If you file it now, you can expect to wait at least 9 months before the process is completed. After approval, the validity of the immigrant visa is 6 months. So that should be more than enough to cover you for the 5 to 12 month period that you are looking at. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience: Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Hello Maggie. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello Maggie. It looks like you are seeing my responses but you are not responding. Are you having technical difficulties? I want to make sure that you are satisfied with my responses and have a positive experience with the website and with my service. So please let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you because I will do my best. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HiMany apologies for not getting back to you sooner. You have answered our question and we will be applying very soon for the visa. If we have anymore questions I will be back in touch.Kind regards
Maggie