Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am currently trying to transfer funds from a 401k pension

Customer Question

I am currently trying to transfer funds from a 401k pension in the United States to an account here in the UK. I have completed all that they have requested, including notarization of spousal consent and confirmation from the bank confirming details. They are not sure what information is required to compete an international fund withdrawal, so it keeps going back to their legal team. This is my third week of a process that should take 5-7 days max. Any advice???

Category: US Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not to participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:1) What exactly is the problem? Or not sure?2) Who is having the issue - the US company, or the UK company?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks, ***** *****!
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Can you please tell me:1) What exactly is the problem? Or not sure?2) Who is having the issue - the US company, or the UK company?