31090051

I am the author of childrens books published in the USA my

Customer Question

I am the author of childrens books published in the USA my question relates to the ESBN no allocated to my books do I own the copywrite as I wish to distribute my books though another vender.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
As far as the law of copyright is concerned, unless you have assigned the copyright to someone else or have granted an exclusive copyright licence to someone else, you own the copyright in the books.
The issue of copyright is not necessarily the end of matters, however, depending on whether you have a contract with your existing distributer/vendor. Any contract there would have to be examined and I would be happy to help you further here if I can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thank you for your advice on copywrite law. my specific question is who has ownership of ISBN registration. the publisher or Author.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Each book is registered with an ISBN number. The publisher deals with ISBN registration.