Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

We only want to visit usa to travel on tourist visa not to

Customer Question

We only want to visit usa to travel on tourist visa not to move to usa. I dont know what i need for my partner to get his visa for us. How can he get a tourist visa for us. What does he need to do to obtain the visa
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for requesting me. I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Are you a U.S. Citizen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No i am a german citizen and my 3 children aswell but my partner he is romanian citizen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mg partner wants to obtain a tourist visa. He is romanian citizen. And me and our 3 children we are german citizen. We want to visit us together as a family trip.

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
You can look at the link below for all the information that you need on the visitor visa:http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.htmlEssentially, he must have a valid reason for visiting, must have a way to support himself without working illegally, must have significant ties to his home country, and must have the intent to return home.The most important part of a case is to have strong ties to the home country. Now as to some of the ties, he will need to show that he has significant close family at home, property not easily sold, and a good job for a good company that he has had for awhile that he would not normally abandon.So if he is young, and without much money or any property or a good job, he would probably be denied. They would see him as a risk for staying illegal. Also, persons that are planning to travel with their spouse and children are a risk as well because some of their significant ties are actually going with them.I mean some people have been approved with less, but I am trying to give you the idea for the best chance. I will provide you with two links that may be helpful. The first is to an article that will explain what they look for when issuing a non-immigrant visa like the B-2. The second is a list of things that can be presented to prove non-immigrant intent and the strong ties to the home country.http://www.ilw.com/articles/2009,0528-schwartz.shtm https://help.cbp.gov/ci/fattach/get/46680/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzk3NDE3MzcxL3NpZC85M1BEQ0lSbA==/filename/Intentions+and+Ties.pdf Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!