Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

After a relative died in 1986 in Medford Oregon in 1986, we

Customer Question

After a relative died in 1986 in Medford Oregon in 1986, we received a full detailed report of the witness statements and events occurring at the time of death. How can I obtain a copy of the original report?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. I assume you mean a police report that goes over the events at the time of death. Here is an official link: http://www.ci.medford.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=1476 You may also want to request the medical examiner's report. Here is a link: http://www.oregon.gov/osp/SME/docs/OSMERequestFormV0815.pdf My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could I ask, is there a time limit where original reports police or coroners reports must stay on file? If I am able to obtain this information, is it likely to be edited or reduced from the original documentation?

I took the liberty of calling both for you. I have good news and bad news. The police report is on microfilm and thus available in the original form. The bad news is that the medical examiner destroys any files older than 25 years old, so that probably won't be available. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. Thank you!
Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!