Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

Consigned clothing with seller in USA to sell while

consigned clothing with seller in USA to sell for me while i am in the UK. Seller said pieces fine left with her until i return to USA.
Have had 2 major heart attacks while here in the UK and am unable to fly back to USA yet.
Seller has now said i have 2 weeks to collect pieces if i don't they will give them away.
They have about $30,000 worth of my clothing.
What can i do?
Category: US Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am British citizen but i live in Florida for 5 months of the year.
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Did you sign a contract for the pieces? What does the contract say about a term? What does it say happens with the term expires?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Guillermo,
no contract signed by either of us, just verbal agreement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have emails from her stating she has no consigned pieces from me, then emails telling me to collect all consigned pieces from her.
That's not good, especially with such a high value of merchandise. Anything over $500 needs to be in writing because if they throw that clothes away, it makes it very hard to sue and win. Did you have the clothes appraised? How would you be able to prove which clothes were yours? Also, how long have they had the clothes? How long were they supposed to have the clothes? Have they made any sales and sent you the money from those sales?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have been cosigning with her for 2 years and never signed any contracts, all clothing is new and i have all receipts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have lots of emails discussing costs and break downs of fees
And when did you leave this set of clothes with her? And why suddenly has this relationship deteriorated?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Deteriorated because i purchased a doll and she wants it to sell and i am not ready to sell this doll yet. We sold one previously for $11,000 and so she wants this one so she gets a cut of the money from it even though she has no money invested in it
How long has she had the clothes? Do you have anyone in Florida that can pick the clothes up for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was due to return to USA this month but because of the heart attacks i am awaiting surgery.
she has had some of the clothes for 2 years and some since may this year. Not sure about sending some one else. Showed an ex police officer friend her emails regarding collecting the pieces and they said to wait until i return and go around there with the police to collect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a copy of her last email
What consignment ????I am sorry i have to search my paperwork to see if i have or what i have signed by you or Brian on consignment from you.How doest it feel Roger?If feels good to feel helpless and cheated right?You said:what doll ???????when i asked about getting the Chanel doll to sell.
This is what you 2 have been doing to me for the past 2 years.You underestimated me thinking that you can use me as a puppet.I am not your puppet ,i am smart enough to make it myself in most honest and decent way without screwing other people.
You cheated me on Angel dress,Joan jacket ,Issey zig zag dress and any opportunity you had to snatch things from me but this Chanel doll is your last and not because you want it to be that way but because i do not want to have anything to do with people like you 2.
You love to ruin peoples lives and chop their head off but on the end you end up hurting yourself .
Roger stop crying like a little baby...I have an answer for you why bad things had been happening to you past year...because there is karma and it is catching up with you.
You can not expect to do bad things to people and get good things happen to you in return.I need every piece documented with picture and when your "friend" (surprised you have any left) comes i need statement from him signed with everything
itemized and to be signed with his valid id recorded on the paper.If I ever see or figure that you are have done anything or doing anything to me to hurt me or effect me in any way i will make sure your "business" or anything i know about you is not private anymore as you wish.I am not Marylin Glass .I know how to defend myself very well.God bless America.Country i live in and love.
The police will have limited options to help you unless you can clearly prove which clothes is yours. Your best bet to avoid legal entanglements that could end up costing you thousands would be to send someone with a detailed list of the clothes and with written and signed authority to pick up the clothes. If you don't send someone and she throws the clothes out, then you would have to spend money on an attorney to sue her and there is no guarantee that you will recover the amount you want. Since there is no contract, but you do have emails and previous business dealings, you have a chance to recover, but no guarantee. Again, your best option from what I see now is to get someone to pick up the clothes from this person. If not, you may have to prepare for an expensive legal battle. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your advice. The money is not an issue so i will deal with it once i can get back to the states
Brian
You are very welcome, but PLEASE do not forget to rate me positively so that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Since I am NOT given a salary, it is the only way the website will compensate me. You are NOT charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. Thank you!
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience: Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!