Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

I have applied visa to US on 9th Feb 2015

I have applied for nonimmigrant visa to US on 9th Feb 2015 and after interview i was told to wait until administrative process is complete. It is now a year since my application and has heard nothing. I am a UK citizen and has traveled before to the USA getting my visa via EASTA.I don't know what should I do now. All my previous visits were to attend medical conferences. I am 58year in permanent employment in the UK as a consultant radiologist. I have missed the opportunities to attend many conferences since Feb 2015. Please, if you think you can help out then you are welcome to act on my behalf.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. You applied for a B1/B2? Did they say anything specific at the interview as to what they needed to review?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She asked me why do you want a visa. To which I have said I do go frequently to US. Also I have my sister and brother both resident in San Francisco. My country of origin is Iraq, and not sure whether this has anything to do with the delay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was the only question she has asked me and I have told her that the purpose of my visits are usually and always has been to attend medical conferences.
Unfortunately, I would say that because your country of origin is Iraq, they are probably running more background checks on you. When was the last time that you tried to contact them? What was their response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use to contact the embassy by their helpline email and you get the same standard response that it is still undergoing administrative review up until Sep 2015. Now the embassy stopped that helpline and no longer an applicant can check the status of their application which quite unfortunate leaving visitors in the dark on what is going on if there is indeed anything happening. I know of a quite large number of people born in Iraq and live in the UK who are still using visa waiver program without any hassle.
Well, that's changing, unfortunately. Take a look: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/01/21/united-states-begins-implementation-changes-visa-waiver-program So you did correct to apply for a B1/B2 visitor visa. The problem is that they really are not supposed to tell you why you were placed on Administrative Processing if it was because of a potential security risk. Take a look at this good article: http://lawandborder.com/administrative-processing-black-hole-visa-applicants/ You may have to hire an attorney in the U.S. to take some steps in Washington D.C. and the U.S. Embassy like referring the case to a supervisor or contacting a U.S. Congressman. Or you could contact the State department visa office. The number is (###) ###-#### You should call closest to 7am EST. If you want to hire an attorney, you can go to www.ailalawyer.com. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your answers. I have little faith in US Justice system (I might be wrong) when it concerns embassies decisions and I think I will be wasting my money if I consider perusing this matter further. I have searched the web for similar cases and it is not unheard of that US embassies across the world decline to change their position on visa matters even when there is a strong argument against their processing. It is quite unfortunate that a country leading the world on democracy treat foreigners as aliens, a treatment which only getting worse. I don't blame the public whom I considered very friendly but the political environment we live in. Once again, please accept my sincere gratitude and I will rethink the matter again and if I find that it is worth persuing then I will be in touch again.
I understand and I agree. I do think it is unfair but luckily, you don't have a "no" yet. So you could be patient, you could apply again, or you could contact the NVC at the number that I sent you above. What I also ask is that you not blame the messenger. I am not given a salary to be here. The website will only compensate me for my time and effort if you leave a positive rating. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience: Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!