Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

My British husband spent 4months in jail and takes psychiatric

My British husband spent 4months in jail and takes psychiatric meds. Can he travel to the United States, where His wife is from??
Category: US Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He wants to come over on visa for 2months, not live here. His wife will be returning with him. We know that we have to do a marriage visa for me to stay permanently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Would he be able to prove that he is not a danger to the community in the U.S.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes-what documents does he need
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is traveling to USA to met my family for 1-3months. Then we return to UK. We married in UK October 2014
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do we have to do- he has passport- what else is needed. Please reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Guillermo Senmartin- Are we done or what? Please reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you were no help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want live chat- can u give me info
Sorry about the delay. I'm a practicing attorney with my own law firm, so I am not connected all the time. I had to attend to a client when you responded and I wasn't able to get away until now. My apologies. So he just wants to visit for the first trip using an ESTA? And then later immigrate to get U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He just has british passport. Wants to "visit only" for 1-3months. We will live in UK. Will he need documents about jail or psych meds. That's all I need to know
What was he in jail for? What were the charges? And what was the sentence, if any?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
minor infraction disturb peace,nothing serious
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
spent 4months in jail
Ok. He is not supposed to use just his passport. Even using an ESTA is for those that do not have any issues in their background. He should apply for a B-2 tourist visa, be honest about his background, and provide evidence that he is not a danger to the public in the U.S. If they decide he needs it, he could file for a 212(d)(3) waiver which can either be done by the immigration officer at the interview or after just on their computer (take a look at this link): https://fam.state.gov/searchapps/viewer?format=html&query=212(d)(3)&links=212,D,3&url=/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030503.html#M305_3_3_A or on form I-192 which can be found at www.uscis.gov/forms. You can find more information here: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2003,0930-labrie.shtm I hope this helps and sorry again for the delay. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will u email your response:***@******.***