Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

There, I was denied a b2 visa recently as I hadn't been

Hi there, I was denied a b2 visa recently as I hadn't been back in the UK for long enough to prove that I would come back. I was planning on booking a 3 week holiday in June to see my boyfriend who lives in Ohio. Is there anyone who would be able to help me obtain a visa so that I can still go and see him. I have a 12 month tenancy agreement, a contract with work as well. Could this be used as evidence to show that I would need to come back to the UK? Any advice would be hugely appreciated. I can not apply for an ESTA visa waiver as I was cautioned in 2007. Many thanks.
Leona Forrest
***@******.***
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Are they aware of a boyfriend that lives in the U.S.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Yes I told them at the embassy I was going to visit my boyfriend.
Sorry for the delay as I was busy with a charity event over the weekend. Anyway, that's unfortunate that you informed them about a boyfriend that lives in the U.S. I assume it is a U.S. Citizen boyfriend. This is probably why you were denied. They think that you are trying to use the B-2 as a shortcut since it can be approved much faster than a K-1 fiancée visa that usually takes around 9 months. Since there is no appeal, all you can do is apply again. I will provide you with two links that may be helpful. The first is to an article that will explain what they look for when issuing a non-immigrant visa like the B-2. The second is a list of things that can be presented to prove non-immigrant intent and the strong ties to the home country.http://www.ilw.com/articles/2009,0528-schwartz.shtm https://help.cbp.gov/ci/fattach/get/46680/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzk3NDE3MzcxL3NpZC85M1BEQ0lSbA==/filename/Intentions+and+Ties.pdf If they deny you again, then you may have no choice but to apply for a K-1 fiancée visa. Here is a link: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Guillermo,Thank you for your message. I am a self employed performer but I do have a contract that proves I am booked in for gigs all year apart from the 2 weeks that I am planning on visiting my boyfriend in June. Would that be enough to prove I need to be back in the UK? Do you think I even have a chance if I reapply? The US consular said I hadn't been at my new job for long enough.