How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 36
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Ely is online now

We have 122.5 acres of land we are selling to an individual

Customer Question

we have 122.5 acres of land we are selling to an individual Who wants to write a single check. However, the land is deeded to myself an three brother. I and another brother are the administrators. He wants to go to the court house and have the names changed on the tax roll. Is this legal? I'm thinking we need to convey the deed to the new owner and have him write 4 checks of equal amount to us 4 owners of the land. My brother is trying to avoid a lawer in the mix. What are all the things we should do to get everything filed properly. I live in Florida by the way.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Who wants to go to the court house and have the names changed "tax toll" - the seller, or, your other brother who is the administrator? What do you mean by administrator - is this land in probate, or a trust? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!

Related US Law Questions