How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 37
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Ely is online now

A previous employer informed me of a breach of my personal

Customer Question

A previous employer informed me of a breach of my personal information. This included; name, address and social security information. Will an employer be accountable for liabilities involving this situation. What could I ask an employer to give me peace of mind to prevent this event from developing into a theft of identity situation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
What loss has this caused you please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing now, currently less than thirty days of notification.
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law. Are you in the UK? Who was the information disclosed to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in the United States. My information was relayed thru email to employees at same company.
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
ok you have posted your query in the UK law section. I will move it to US law, please do not reply until a US lawyer contacts you, thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
If you find that your question is not getting answered you may want to consider posting your question on the US version of our site,, where your question would be made available to a wider range of professionals. You may be able to get an answer faster on the US version of JustAnswer.
You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. You can get a refund of your deposit on the UK site by following this link:
Please let me know if you need further assistance,