How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 108656
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

I have a job offer in the United States as a video editor.

Resolved Question:

I have a job offer in the United States as a video editor. I am 20, from the UK and have 1 years experience in the field. I do not have a degree and the company are not offering the prevailing wage. I recently spent 90 days in the states under Visa Waiver. Is it possible or likely for me to get a visa in this instance? and if so, for which one would you recommend I apply?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Without a degree, you would not qualify for the H-1B professional visa, so that really just leaves the J-1 exchange visa which I do not recommend because many of them require the person to go home for 2 years and not even marrying a U.S. Citizen changes that, or the H-2B. Here is a link to the J-1: For an H-2B worker visa, it is expensive and difficult to get because the employer would have to go through an expensive process called a Labor Certification where the position is advertised in the local media, the employer must receive all resumes and eliminate all candidates for valid reasons, not just because they have a job for you. This is to prove that you would not be taking a job away from a U.S. worker. Here is a link: My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some more information.The employers already undertook a large application process with over 300 responses and half a million reached via social media. Would this be sufficient in place of the standard labour certification?The employer is a celebrity with extraordinary reach.Does this change anything?
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, no. The Labor Certification has to be done in a certain way. It sounds like they won't have a problem getting the Labor Certification approved which is great, but they still have to go through the process. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if I were to try and apply as an intern or trainee? Would that be at all possible?
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
That's the J-1 visa which I already gave you a link to. You could try the H-3, but I don't think you would qualify. Here is a link: Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. Talk about unfair! So I hope you leave that positive rating. Your question does not close if you forgot to ask something. You aren't charged again if you respond on the same thread. Thank you for your understanding.
Guillermo Senmartin and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related US Law Questions