Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

40 years ago I got a criminal conviction assault.

Customer Question

40 years ago I got a criminal conviction for sexual assault. Never since or again has there been a repeat of this behavior. I Plan to take a 'loop trip' to the states. will I encounter with entry problems? I am now 73, and have brought up a family since then.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. What visa would you be using?
What visa would you be using?
I will assume you are thinking about using an ESTA Visa Waiver. You cannot because such a crime, even so long ago, makes you inadmissible. You would have to file for a B-2 visa which can be found here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html And you would need a 212(d)(3) waiver which can either be done by the immigration officer at the interview or after just on their computer (take a look at this link): https://fam.state.gov/searchapps/viewer?format=html&query=212(d)(3)&links=212,D,3&url=/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030503.html#M305_3_3_A You can find more information here: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2003,0930-labrie.shtm Because the issue was so long ago, I think you should be an excellent candidate to have the waiver approved. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!