How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 37
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Ely is online now

I have a tenant who is claiming my husband is racism and is

Customer Question

hi, i have a tenant who is claiming my husband is racism and is refusing to pay the rent now because of a remark my husband made to the driver who was blocking the driveway 5 different times. He said out of anger and not to the tenant.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-is there tenancy agreement in writing?

-if so is it a fixed term, how long and has it expired?

-is rent due to be paid monthly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tenancy agreement is in writing and is a month to month. Rent is due 1st of every month which includes heat, and electric and cable for $810.00 a month. She owes as of 6/18/16 $950.00 still and she told me last night that she was not going to pay because of what my husband said. She has been late every month and I gave her chances to make up which she did in the next month. Her boyfriend who is making the issue is not on the rent agreement.
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I have just realised this is a US matter and has incorrectly been allocated to the UK team. I will opt-out an allow a US colleague to assist.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
If you find that your question is not getting answered you may want to consider posting your question on the US version of our site,, where your question would be made available to a wider range of professionals. You may be able to get an answer faster on the US version of JustAnswer.
You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. You can get a refund of your deposit on the UK site by following this link:
Please let me know if you need further assistance,