Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a tenant who is claiming my husband is racism and is

Customer Question

hi, i have a tenant who is claiming my husband is racism and is refusing to pay the rent now because of a remark my husband made to the driver who was blocking the driveway 5 different times. He said out of anger and not to the tenant.
Category: US Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-is there tenancy agreement in writing?

-if so is it a fixed term, how long and has it expired?

-is rent due to be paid monthly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tenancy agreement is in writing and is a month to month. Rent is due 1st of every month which includes heat, and electric and cable for $810.00 a month. She owes as of 6/18/16 $950.00 still and she told me last night that she was not going to pay because of what my husband said. She has been late every month and I gave her chances to make up which she did in the next month. Her boyfriend who is making the issue is not on the rent agreement.
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I have just realised this is a US matter and has incorrectly been allocated to the UK team. I will opt-out an allow a US colleague to assist.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
If you find that your question is not getting answered you may want to consider posting your question on the US version of our site, www.justanswer.com, where your question would be made available to a wider range of professionals. You may be able to get an answer faster on the US version of JustAnswer.
You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. You can get a refund of your deposit on the UK site by following this link:
www.justanswer.co.uk/refund/refund.aspx
Please let me know if you need further assistance,