Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

MY FATHER, GRANDPARENTS HALF BROTHER AUNTS AND UNCLES ARE

Customer Question

MY FATHER , GRANDPARENTS HALF BROTHER AUNTS AND UNCLES ARE ALL WHITE AMERICAN CITIZENS,LIVING IN FLORIDA MY MOTHER IS ENGLISH .HOW CAN I APPLY TO BE A CITIZEN IS USA AS I WISH TO LIVE WITH MY AMERICAN RELATIVES.I AM A 21 YR OLD MALE AND HAVE A BRITISH PASSPORT.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is your date of birth? Were your parents married at the time of your birth? If not, when did your father legitimize you? How old were you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi My parents were married in Florida in January 1994 I was born in November 1994 in the UK.we then lived in Florida for one year when I was a baby and then moved to the UK to live,my parents then divorced in 2000/20001

How was it that you entered the U.S. for that year that you lived in the U.S.? As a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident or just as a visitor?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My mother was there as a visitor pending on getting legal status as she had married my father but then they decided to move to the UK

Ok. But how did you enter? As a visitor also?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was just a couple of months old at the time

Did your father live in the U.S. for at least 5 years before you were born and at least 2 of those years were after he turned 14?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My father was born in Elmira,New York to American parents and has 1 brother and 2 sisters who live in Florida .He lived in the Us till he was 31 when he came to the UK.

He never applied for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad for you? It's too late for that now because you are over 18.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No he didn't,is there any way I can apply to live there with my Aunt.or half brother?

Well, according to the first chart on this link, it seems that you may be able to apply for a Certificate of U.S. Citizenship by filing an N-600:

https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-parents

Here is a link to the N-600:

https://www.uscis.gov/n-600

If you are able to get the Certificate of U.S. Citizenship, then it should be relatively easy to get a U.S. Passport and come to live in the U.S.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you , will it matter that my father now lives in the UK

it should not because the argument is that you are a U.S. Citizen since birth. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi I have looked at the form and most of the questions relate as if I am living in the US already ,ie US social security number,US current address and status.I am not sure how to reply to that as i am not a permanent resident,non immigrant,refugee or other, im not sure how to describe myself as in "other"

Well, you cannot do an N-600K because you are too old. The only other option is to apply directly for a U.S. Passport. Here is a link:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/u-s-passports/

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello Adam. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!