Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Is there a tax treaty between BVI and USA How does capital

Is there a tax treaty between BVI and USA
How does capital gains treated on sale of a 25 years 'held' residential property by a BVI limited liability company "foreign entity' in California USA- whose beneficial owner is a Foreign Alien?
What the the benefits of owning a USA property in British Virgin Islands by Foreign Alians?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

YES. See HERE.

Generally, the foreign alien corporation would not be taxed in USA since it maintains no office or presence in USA. It would be taxed in BVI, however, for the income.

There is no benefit per se, because while the BVI company owns the US property, it must still pay all local taxes associated with the property. It the property is later sold, the BVI company pays taxes on the income - in BVI. Not USA.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Ely, Lawyer
Experience: Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the clarification.
Q: Than what's the reason the Tax authorities in USA deduct 10% withholding tax on the gross sale value?
And another3.5% as State of California tax?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Ely
im Mr Patels realtor in Califirnia and Irs holds 10% withholding tax on close of escrow.
Cali has a state tax of 3.3 as well.
I dont think they care if its a foreign co.