Ely
Ely, Lawyer
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Dear Ely Taking your advice on board that BVI registered

Customer Question

Dear Ely
Taking your advice on board that BVI registered Companies owning a Residential Property in Los Angeles do not pay any taxes in USA for capital gains; as stipulated under the Treaty between IRS and BVI Authorities .
Could you advice please what Correct Forms are needed to be filed in USA ; required to be handed over to Escrow holder when he receives thae SALE proceeds for distribution to the seller to avoid deducting 10% with holding tax; Requirement (in this case) for Exemption for withholding Taxes by a Foreign Alian Entity?
Or is there any other way to short cut the process...!
Category: US Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
I am currently away from the site and will be able to respond within a few hours, if acceptable.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's ok
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry, but I am away from the site for a while. So as not to make you wait, I am going to opt out and open this up for other experts. My apologies again.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's fine I can wait..!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If that's the case-kindly return the deposit to its original place
Thank you in advance
Sharad