How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 28125
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now

I need to find a lawyer in DC who is on the law societies

Customer Question

I need to find a lawyer in Washington DC who is on the law societies register to witness my husbands signature on a Deed of Consent. If we cannot find someone in DC my husband will have to fly all the away over to England to have his signature witnessed. This urgent
Thank you *****
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: US Law
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
you can call me on 01268 762194
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 20 days ago.


I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 20 days ago.

Try giving the UK embassy or consulate in Washington a call. They would likely have a list of US attorneys in Washington who are also registered with the UK Law Society and can practice in both countries. If the UK solicitors on the list that you have are turning you down, ask them for a referral to a solicitor who can witness the signature.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I had already consult cons and.conv lead me to toy so this has really not helped
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 19 days ago.

Apart from that and cold-calling DC firms that practice international law, I'm sorry not to have any further suggestions. I'll be happy to opt-out of this question in case another legal expert has some other ideas.