Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

V reg Frontera 2.2 RS Sport unable to access central locking

Customer Question

V reg Frontera 2.2 RS Sport unable to access central locking and alarm vehicles computer is locking out Tech2. Imobiliser is programmed to key engine runs fine but alarm cannot be turned off. How do you isolate the alarm system.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

I just noticed that your question was not getting a response, so i thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this issue

Regards Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Greg,

Can you look into this problem this all started after I lost the only key I had with the vehicle when I bought it last July

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Martin .
So after having a new key made and programmed you have had this problem .

Greg.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg,

Yes is the simple answer. The car was locked using the original lost key and up until then it worked fine. There were no issues with the alarm going unexpectedly even in hot weather. Some how the central locking is refusing to allow any access to its programming. I have even tried the ignition and door method.

Martin

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi Martin .

I will opt out and see if another expert has seen this type of problem you have .

Rgds Greg