Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289
Vauxhall

vauxhall 1.7 combi. battery light, airbag light and esp light

came on. lost power steering.when... Show More
came on. lost power steering.when journey finished battery flat. van will not jump start.
Category: Vauxhall
Show Less
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The first thing to check usually with the symptoms you have as you describe would be your battery and the charging system ie:- Alternator - Any time the battery light does come up aswell as the other three then it usually a charging system fault backed up with the flat battery when you came to end of your journey could be pointing to a failing alternator - so check to ensure the belt down the side of the engine is still intact that runs the alternator - if gone or slack or broken then that will likely be your fault . next step you would need to have done as mentioned there is the battery as sometimes a faulty battery can cause this "ensure terminals are tight" or the Alternator itself is failing not too uncommon for that to happen and if there are any faults in regards to the charging system then can cause the above warnings ABS/ESP/Electric Power steering system light to come up aswell as the steering to become heavy seeing as it electronic which does fully rely aswell as the other three on the charging system to operate properly at the correct voltage around 13v-14v any drop then can cause problems as above..so as above have the charging system/battery fully checked - maybe remove the battery and charge it off the van instead and then see if that helps get it started to check the alternators output aswell as earth points and see what is found.. i do hope this helps..

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

ta robert, we"ll find out tomorrow. speak then.

glenn.

Robert, Vauxhall Technician replied 3 years ago.
Thats fine..
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

new battery for sure. waiting for new alternator today ( tuesday) should be up and running by close of play. let you know.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

hi robert, done and dusted, give you a hard one next time. thanks for your help.

glenn

Hi.there Glenn..Thats no problem at all - glad to help...And thanks for keeping me informed anyway how it all went & glad you managed to get up and running finally...Its usually either a through up of the two usually the alternators the first...

ps. please remember not to forget to rate my answer above..always appreciated...

Best of luck ..Rob