vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

i have a corsa 1.3 ecoflex diesel, initially it was missing

Customer Question

i have a corsa 1.3 ecoflex diesel, initially it was missing whilst driving, computer advised faulty injectors, replacted these, computer brings up no fault, but car now wont start, have changed the crankshaft sensor, bought a new fuel pump but it will still not start, where do i go from here ???
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, Do you have the computer or scanner connected so that you can tell me some readings ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, we have also check compression on engine and reading all come within normal limits??? Car wants to start though?

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 4 years ago.
Ideally you need to look at the high pressure fuel rail reading on live data on a scanner , don't open a pipe as pressure will be lost.

The timing chain may be stretched as this causes poor starting .

Also a stuck open EGR valve will cause poor starting, both are common on this engine.

Without a scanner connected your options are limited.

You may have some luck by tow starting.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The answe has just skirted around the question asked
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Answer given just skirted around question asked . Was taking vehicle to autovaux today to see if they cld diagnose why car won't start - refuse to look at it as they say it is a fiat engine with vauxhall components on it nightmare so don't look at so unable to get any diagnostics left with a car that not 3 year old yet , which is out if warranty due to high mileage
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 4 years ago.
I have not skirted around the issue, I have given examples of common failure. on this through good experience gained in a Vauxhall dealer.

If you choose to ignore my advice that is up to you but to rate my service poor is very unfair.

It is not my fault that you are in this situation with your car.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Car has now been at a Vauxhall dealers for over a week now. They have advised us today that the ECU HAS FAILED on car that is why it is refusing to start as was said to you (there was no poor starting) . We are awaiting further instruction from Vauxhall now on how to proceed. Thought this might be helpful to you incase someone came to you with a similar issue.

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 4 years ago.
Highly unlikely that its the ECU, however lets wait for the outcome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just got car back from vauxhall dealer today . New ecu fitted car now going . Vauxhall have stood by car and are meeting more than half way with the costs to replace due to the length of time we have had to wait on new ecu. Note vauxhall has back orders off over 100 ecu's so there is definitely an issue with this.