Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my vivaro will not start and the red immoberliser light is

Customer Question

my vivaro will not start and the red immoberliser light is flashing fast?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you on this...

As there has been a delay since you asked your question - please just let me know if you do indeed still need help with this....

If so - what has been done meantime ?

Rgds - MIKE.....................................

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi mike there as been a delay , the problem is still there. no work as been done since i asked this question.

the immobileser light is flashing fast and the van will not start, it was playing up a bit for a few weeks with the light fashing but if i turned the igintion on and off repeatidly it would stop flashing and then start.

now it will not reset and just flashes.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi again..

Thank you for your reply...

I take it you have tried your spare key - in case its a key signalling fault.. If not, try that first...

When that light flashes, it will never start until the fault is found / cured...

I note you say you have had "the immobilser" changed - what exactly has been done / replaced....?? there are different parts to the system...

Too - exactly who / what type of garage / equipment was used ?

Rgds, MIKE..................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi

i only have the one key.

a replacement immobilser box was recoded the match my old one by a auto lock smith and recoded at their garage

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi again...

Ok, in that case, the fault is either the key.../ fob.. or,the wiring / connections - or, the immobilser control box itself..

I know you have had the "immobilser box" replaced - so..assuming that that is a new / definately a good one - that narrows it down to either wiring / connections, or the key fob at fault for this to be happening ...

Before we go further- have you had the van back on diagnostic equipment since you have had this problem - if so, what were the fault codes?

Rgds, MIKE................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi

i have and no fault codes pressent

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply - Im sorry I missed it at the time..

That is going to be the next step on this - because one of the said components is faulty...

As mentioned - check the circuit first though - the immobiler unit is attached to the fuse box, you can as well detach the electrical connector from that - for 30 mins - give it time to reset... and re connect and see if it has now reset. Or, you may fin d it easier to disconnect the battery cables and do the same as above - ( you will need your radio code if you do that )... Often it will work if its just a glitch..

If not - or it does but goes wrong again - you then have to determine which is teh fault here - the key , or the unit you have had replaced already... and to do that - you have to have it plugged in to diagnostic equipment as above.

You can have the same garage do this for you as before - and you should if the unit / work was recent and should then still be in warranty... Otherwise, I suggest use a different garage - because I suspect something has been done wrong here... previously for you to have this same issue again.

But check the wiring / connections as above first - and do as above to try a re boot..and then go from there as you find... Let me know how you get on-

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.