Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

i have a vectra 1.9 diesel 150bhp 54reg ,it has lost all power

Customer Question

i have a vectra 1.9 diesel 150bhp 54reg ,it has lost all power when driving, struggles to about 40 mph.I have the engine symbol on on bottom right side of dash board. have taken EGR Valve off and cleaned out but made no difference. thanks john.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

If your check engine light is on then there is a stored malfunction code in the system ,

All you need is a good code reader or scan tool to check for malfunction codes then you will know what has to be checked ,adjusted repaired or replaced .

But mostly in cases like yours with the high power loss is the EGR the most commone issue on the Vectra 1.9L diesel, you said you cleaned it but is it working have it tested .

Also the vacuum pipes to the boost valves could be bad check all the vacuum hoses .

If you are blowing black smoke check the MAF sensor ,.

Need further assitance then pleas elet me know

But to be sure have the codes read and work from there and if needed get back to me with the codes .

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

found problem with vectra. It was a loose connection on injector. thanks for advice anyway. John

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

John was any work carried out on this engine before you had this problem .

Greg