Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

HiI have a Vauxhall Vectra on a 2008 place it is 1.9cdti

Customer Question

I have a Vauxhall Vectra on a 2008 place it is 1.9cdti and the engine light has come on

It seems to have lost some power - when building up speed on a motorway it struggles but when I put in to a lower gear and build speed up and then place in a higher gear it drives perfectly

It just seems to be the initial build up of speed

I took it to the dealer last week and they found a leak and repaired it but it obviously was not that causing the issue

When I drive locally a few times the engine light goes off but as soon as I take on the motorway and build up speed it comes on again – I can feel the engine jerk a very small amount before the light comes back on, but as soon a I drop gears and build up the speed it is a perfect to drive again

Any ideas what the problem may any help would be much appreciated

Many Thnks
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this..

I need to just ask -

What mileage is on the car?

What is its service history like ? When was the last service done mileage and time wise?

Is the Engine fault light still on - and have there been any checks as to why if so?

When this situation occurs - does it blow excess smoke - and if so, what colour?

Rgds, MIKE.....................................

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi There

Thank you for getting back

The mileage is 130,000 last service was at 117,000 just under a year a go

Yes the engine light is still on it was reading error code intake air system leak code p2279

There is no excess smoke being blown

Hoep this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
no reply as yet