Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I have a Vauxhall Signum 2.2 petrol with manual gearbox. I

Customer Question

I have a Vauxhall Signum 2.2 petrol with manual gearbox. I have been on a long run, 60 miles, and having stopped for a refreshment drink, 30 minutes, the gears had become very stiff, with reverse impossible. The car runs well once in gear.
Can you advise what the problem may be.
Thank You
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..Sorry for delay - I see your question is still live... Do you still require any help with this..?

If so -

Is this difficulty in getting gears all through the gear ranges?

When you finally get the car into gear and moving is the gear change issue still the same?

What it like when first starting from cold?

Any unusal noises from the gearbox aswell as trying to get it in gear and noises during that?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As I heard nothing I have sent the vehicle to a garage for them to take a look tommorrow morning.

Thanks for getting back after I had requested a refund.

I cannot assess your service as it is the lack of response that I am unhappy with. Probably the web should not indicate a person is waiting to reply. This lead me to believe a response would be with me in minutes not 18hours later.

John XXXXXXX

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Hi..there.John. Im am sorry you had to wait so long.there are other experts on here besides myself...I myself have only come on today as i "do work in my own garage during the week" and dont really get much time to come on here and still saw your question was still live today..But however if you feel you need to ask anything in future or advice even - then just ask for myself and i'll get back to you as soon as i can..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Robert

Thank you for your response, and I will give you a try in the future should I have a problem.

John XXXXXXX