Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a Vectra on a 03 plate,the driver door open light is

Customer Question

I have a Vectra on a 03 plate,the driver door open light is on even when the door is propally shut.this is also affecting the central locking.I have been told it is the door light switch but I can not find it anywhere can you help.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

This is a tricky one if you don't have a scan tool .

A scann tool will let you know which door switch is the faulty one, but on yours there is no light switch like on other makes, as with yours its in with the door lock .

Here is what you can try .
Have a helper sit in the drivers seat close all doors ,
Push on each door to make it close even harder and check if the light goes out ,
Do this with each door in turn when you see the light go out then this is the bad door switch .

If this system does not work you will have to have a scan tool connected to see which door switch is bad . Try your local shop and ask if there scan tool is capable of checking this for you if not then you will have to visit the dealer .

Need further assistance with this issuer then please get back to me with the reply box below.

Rgds Greg