Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

i have warnging light on and when i plug in code reader it

Customer Question

i have warnging light on and when i plug in code reader it gives a 01 code what part do i need to cure the fault
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What sort of code reader are you using?

Are there any sort of noticable issues with the cars performance engine wise since the fault ocurred?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cougar

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for getting back..

Ok so its just a general reader..I can honestly say looking at the fault codes for these cars 01 on its own isnt listed bar "failure type 01 which is just general electrical failure" and that could cover anything.. All common retrived fault codes should really start of with P0 / P1 / P2 etc then end with 3 characters/digits - and this tells us where the fault currently is or picked up by the ecu.so should be something like P0123 as an example - 01 on its own could be any number of fault codes to be honest so cant really say for definate where you need to go from here or check on - ive got roughly 11 possibles here of fault codes that end in 01 for the vectra c but all relate to differant areas or faults..Id double check to be sure the reader can actually work on these cars or the the make even..i know from experiance with customers i been too before who have used similar readers, especially of the likes of ebay anyway - alot of these may not actually be suitable for "some" vehicles systems or vans at all even for that matter..So you would certainly need to bear that in mind..the reader is most likely ok but maybe doesn't do "all" as you would like especially on vauxhalls anyway...I know that can be quite frustrating especially with some of these readers that claim to cover every vehicle -sometimes that inst the case im afraid - but without actually knowing the full code the best thing you can do from here on a confirmation bases anyway on that code - is to find a good local garage or mobile tech even who will have better equipment to track or retrive the fault code from the cars ECU and see what code they get - then once you know what it is - then you can back here - or take it from there based on the result of the test or what fault code you get..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the codes says it is the full volume regulator control circuit open
is this a sensor and if so what do i ask for parts wise

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there..

Yes thats one of the codes i have but again p0001 is generic code - Could a bad fuel pressure regulator "if i recall will be in the fuel tank with the pump" / bad fuel pump "low pressure" / low fuel / blocked fuel filter / maybe also inspect the fuel relay on load/boot area relay plate number 11 relay..maybe aces the top if the tank under the rear seats and double check the plugs for any corrosion etc..