vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

I have a Signum 2.2 Design(05),when I put key in to ignition

Customer Question

I have a Signum 2.2 Design(05),when I put key in to ignition for the last couple of days it has taken a few turns to start(everything lights up).However now it will not start.Any answers please
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry to have kept you waiting,

This is a common fault on this engine, it is caused by air getting into the leak off system and this lets the diesel drain back from the fuel filter.

First you will need to get the leak off pipes and their "t" pieces replaced, these pipes perish and this is where the air gets into the system, Vauxhall have brought out a stronger beefed up pipe for this fault.

After this it should be OK after the initial start but if the problem persists the the transverse injector seals will be need replacing these also let Air in, this is a bigger job requiring partial removal of the camshaft as the injectors sit under the shaft.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc