Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Vectra 1.9cdti with dual autobox, harsh changeover from first

Customer Question

Vectra 1.9cdti with dual autobox, harsh changeover from first to second , but if I put the oil warmer on it is smooth, why
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

This is happening because the warmer makes the oil / fluid thinner - and runnier - easier to flow -

Quite what the base issue is is hard to say at this point , but it could simply be that you need a transmission flush -and new fluid... Many people never do this believing that an auto transmission is filled for life and should be left - but doing as above will very often improve general performance - and ward of any issues....and too, cure issues such as you have - sticky charges and harsh changes etc.

Its always the first thing to do in any event as the cheapest way forward - as if its anything other than that its usually a mechanical issue internally -and this can be expensive to cure. If you do as above and still have the problem I would recommend you use an Auto Specialist to check what's happening for you - ( really I would recommend you have one such place check it over first -and do the fluid flush / change too - ) -- Using such a place is very often cheaper than a general garage - as they have the tools / equipment & knowledge that is needed for this. Most general garages / even dealers, send such "problems" to such specialists for the above reasons -

So thats the way forward on this one as the best / common sense and cost effective approach to cure this for you -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.