Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

engine will not rev above 2000rpm engine light on corsa 1.2

Customer Question

engine will not rev above 2000rpm engine light on corsa 1.2 sxi 55
just cut out one day aa could not find fault or local garage oil was really low at time but no oil light on put 2litres of oil in aa thought timing could have jump but had it checked ok pressure tested all valves ok
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.

So when the engine is running the check engine light is ON .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes the engine light is on

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.

Okay Keith if the shop could not find anything then do the following maybe we can find out what is Up.

Do the following :

STEP 1:

Get inside your vehicle a firmly place yourself in your seat. Once in, press both the accelerate and brake pedal together

STEP 2:

With both pedals pressed, put your key in the ignition and turn it to position 2, which is the position that switches all auxilary heating on but not the engine

STEP 3:

Once done, the spanner light will start flashing

if it flashes 10 times it means the number is '0' and any other flashes corresponds to a number with a pause between each number

for example code P0110
the light will flash ten times then pause (2sec Or 1 not sure) flash once, (2sec pause) flash once, (2 sec pause) then flash ten times

if you have more than one code it will stop for a break between each code

however if you don’t have any code stored it will start Flashing and keeps on flashing until you release the pedals.

Then get back to me with the codes .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i will have to do it to morrow

thanks

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Keith let me know the codes i'm sure you have one or more .

Greg