Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

how do i enter code for agilla

Customer Question

how do i enter code for agilla
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

Provided you do have the correct code for that particular radio as all info inc the radio code should be on your "car pass card" then maybe give the method below a try..

Press and hold the [ AS ] key and switch on.

'SAFE' will display followed by '10 - - - - '

Press pre-set [ 1 ] repeatedly for the first digit
Press pre-set [ 2 ] repeatedly for the second digit
Press pre-set [ 3 ] repeatedly for the third digit
Press pre-set [ 4 ] repeatedly for the third digit

To save the code press the [ AS ] key to accept

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i do this 1is coming up before safe?

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there..

So I assume the display shows just "1SAFE"?

How many attempts have you tried upto now to enter the code? are you sure you do have the correct code there?

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Ok..If its showing "1SAFE" then its not particularly good news as that means you have reached the max amount of attempts to enter the correct code as you get up to 10 - and each time you put in the wrong code it adds a certain amount of time before your allowed another attempt until 9 which about a 10hr wait - 10th wrong code input attempt the radio is locked out..and the only way really to get it back is via Vauxhall or through a good local auto audio/electrical specialist who can unlock the radio.at the same time they will ensure the code you have is actually correct for that unit.so that's about the only forward im afraid if its showing 1safe then the radio needs unlocked by a specialist as mentioned above..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi robert that didnt work

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there..

If the radio shows what your seeing "1safe" then that basically means the radio has locked up and you wont be able to get the radio unlocked the way your are trying at the moment with your code..when it shows 10safe then that means you have 10 attempts to put the correct code in - once the 10 are up then it locks out since it keeps seeing that wrong code being entered or not entered in the right way..of course you could try this method try with radio switched Off - then press and hold the AS button while switching it on the radio..or have ignition off then hold AS button switch ignition on..if those don't work then its needs unlocked by a specialist..