Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

My Vauxhall Astra Twin Top roof has got stuck; half open. Page

Customer Question

My Vauxhall Astra Twin Top roof has got stuck; half open. Page 151 of my Owner Manual states: "If the automatic drive is not operational, two persons are required to manually close the roof. See the accompanying instructions for Astra Twin Top." But I do not have these Accompanying instructions. Can you email them to me urgently please.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..sorry for the delay

Do you still require help..?

If so i asume this the Astra H model twin top..If so? i do have some instructions - but may take while to upload..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My Astra is a Vauxhall Astra 1.8 Vvt Design 2dr

However, as time was passing, I decided, after discussion with the local Vauhall Dealer (Perry's in Aylesbury), that I had to drive it the 4 miles to the dealer at less than 20 mph.

They could not manually close the roof, so I have had to leave it with them.

Thanks but this time the advice was too slow and perhaps you would not have been able to solve it with a self-management plan

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Robert,

Sorry, due to the delay, I had to take advice from my local Vauxhall Dealer (Perry's at Aylesbury) they couldn't advise on a self-help plan, so I was obliged to drive the car in to them (4 miles at less than 20 mph) they were unable to effect a manual closure of the roof, so i have had to leave it with them, hopefully to mend.

Sorry,

Anthony

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there Anthony..

That's fine,thanks for letting me know anyway - i wasn't on this morning as i had to haul in a breakdown..so i can only apologise you didn't get a assistance sooner maybe from anyone else..however all the best with it and hopefully its not to expensive..

However should need to ask anything else or need advice then just ask me anytime and i'll get back to you as soon as i can..Regards Robert