Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have just bought a vauxhall insignina sri 2lrt and after

Customer Question

I have just bought a vauxhall insignina sri 2lrt and after a while a message has shown up "service due soon". just after this apeared my car has lost power not going over 30mph. What can cause this?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The Service soon message can also act a as a engine management alert..sometimes this will also be accompanied by a car/spanner warning lamp..the reduction in power will most definitely be the limp home mode feature in which the ecu puts the car in - if and when at any point the ecu tracks fault or stores fault codes related the fault with the car engine management/transmission etc so there is huge area of possible faults.so it would be relatively impossible to know what the fault is for sure without some sort of diagnostic input done on the vehicle..or sometimes you get any error code on the display - usually a two digit code?may tell you if there are codes there or press your set/clr button to confirm a message..the problem being with fault such as these - will need a diagnostic approach to determine exactly what's being picked up on and whether is software issue/ie;- update needed..its certainly something you will most definitely need to bring up with the dealer and have them investigate it further being still under warranty as such too..i do hope this helps