Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi i currently own a 2011 astra gtc 2.0 litre cdti the problem

Customer Question

hi i currently own a 2011 astra gtc 2.0 litre cdti
the problem i have is the annoying bleeps every 30-60 seconds?
there are no warning lights or messages on the dash either when this is happening
On start up the car goes through a "checking " procedure and tells you this by giving a series of bleeps , once the ignition is fired and you are driving away its ok , then within minutes i get the bleeping sounds again every minute !!!
this is 7 - 10 quick bleeps evry minute or so .
Have tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes aswell, like i say there is no warning lights or messages on the dash .
If the radio is on, the radio cuts out so i can hear the bleeps !!!!! please help
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i will wait

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this..

Can you please give me the cars Full reg number and full VIN...

Once I have this info, I can get back to you -

Kind Rgds, MIKE..........................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

Reg No is LC61 FZF

VIN No - WOLPF2EN2CG034951

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again.

Thank you for your reply and further info.

Just so that I can be sure on this..

I do just need to ask a further question Im sorry - well, four....

When you say you disconnected the battery for a few mins - how long exactly?

Too - was anything done at the car of any sort - work etc... prior to this happening?

Was / has anything been done with the radio system at all - prior ?

Have you had any erratic issues with the central locking or alarm system / sounding etc?

Kind Rgds- MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i disconnected the battery for about 5 mins

the only work that has been done to the car recently was change of brake pads

alarm system ok, .

ive even tried driving the car using the spare key but still get bleeping sounds

sometimes i dont get any bleeping at all on say a 10 mile journey, but i could do the same journey the following day , and get intermittent bleeping

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again..

Thank you for your reply.

There are three suspects here - Its a little difficult on the face of things /without actually hearing it ( as different "beep" sounds are for different things ) hence the three suspects.

One is the radio itself - sometimes they develop a fault internally and will do this.. Try driving with it switched off ... if that shuts it up, that will usually ID that.

Second is the security system - If an attempt to break in the car has been made , that can cause this ...

Third is a faulty with the alarm system - in this case, the Nicads batteries in the alarm sounder fail ( this usually happens over several years ) and the system will beep to inform you . A "fault" can cause this too - not just dead batteries over the years.

I am sorry that I cannot be more specific on this one - On the face of it those are the suspects.

I have checked the vehicle details and there are no other "known" issues ( other than what I know of I mean ) in this regard.

As the car is on a 61 reg though -its obviously still in warranty... So you need to have the car to the nearest dealer for this.

Whatever it is they will be able to determine using the plug in Tech 2 machine quickly and effectively ( even if its none of the above ) - But you need to do that in any event - because if they see / know that you have been interfering / trying to work on the car in any way, they can claim Void warranty - and you don't want that! It does happen.
So having it to them while it may be a little inconvenient, thats the best advice here as it will need the TEch 2 machine - and too , that it doesn't cost you anything at all. Let me know how you get on.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well, went for a drive today , and even with the radio off , it is still doing it,

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again...

In that case- you need to further this issue as I outlined above.

That would generally rule the radio out as the fault- doing as above will find this fault for you...

Kind Rgds- MIKE.
....
............ Please do click on the OK / Excellent ratings for now - Thank You in advance for that..

Nb - you can always get back to me again anytime you might need - Clicking the OK ratings does not close you out - Thank you again.