Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I need to repair/replace the unit on a vauxhall astra

Customer Question

I need to repair/replace the flasher unit on a vauxhall astra 1.7 enjoy diesel 2004 model.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Just to clarify - Is this actual Flasher Relay your looking to replace?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have had problems with the offside indicator lights they have been malfunctioning for a while but now they are permantly on (but not blinking)and will not go off,i have removed the light bulbs to save the battery,but the light on the dashboard is permanantly showing even when the ignition is off.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thnaks for your reply.

Ok..If you go under the drivers dashboard to gain access to the main fuse / relay board - there will or should be details of that in your owners manual if you need help to gain access. Or remove the storage tray door then the storage tray itself 4 black turn screws at each corner and remove the storage compartment - behind that is the fuse panel which you'll see ..up at the top right hand corner you should see a largish rectangular yellow coloured relay - that the flasher relay is double relay in one - so one side of the relay does drivers side of the car the other side of the relay does the passenger side indicators - you can opt for a new one - which any good local motors factors might be able to get for you or you can go through the dealer or the or cheapest option i would advise - would be to aquire one from a breakers yard any Astra G will have one and should be in the same place .just pull it out the old one and fit the new one in place..so as above have look for that relay and maybe try replacing it and see if that helps..Its not to uncommon for these relays to that as you describe..I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help i will now go forward with some confidence.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi there..thats no problem...If you need to ask anything else then just continue after this post and i'll get back to you soon as I can..remember though even after you've rated it doesn't lock you out you can still come back to the same question and continue..Regards Robert