Mike
Mike, Other
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Vauxhall corsa 1400 auto 54 Faults Start car from cold starts

Vauxhall corsa 1400 auto 54 Faults Start car from cold starts first time OK.Drive straight of if you manage to keep driving in gear with out stopplng till engine is running tempreture no problem at all but if you have to stop before engine is warmed up ln neutral or in gear for a minute or so engine slows down and starts to rock as you go to drive away no power creeps of keep going and it picks up. What I have done.coil block air filter spark plugs compression test OK spark plugs befor change sooty black.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

I suspect that from what you have describe - you have a faulty Ect sensor..or connection to it..

Im assuming you don't have any fault lights on as you drive so you have no fault codes retrieved -

In that case, that then would usually be down to the ECT sensor fault - Vauxhall supply a new sensor - and for some depending on the cars VIN, will supply you a new connector kit for it too - you will need to speak with them for this -as I say, be sure you have the VIN with you.

Its an easy fix to replace the sensor and connector kit if needed -you will see that when you receive it...and then given what you have said, Im sure that will cure this for you.

The ECT sensor is the engine temp sensor for the engine - it works much like the old "choke" on carb fuelled engines - telling the ECU / management computer, the temp of the engine continually - so if that is faulty, and give false, or no info re temp to the Ecu, the engine will run rich and rough - hence your sooty plugs ..etc.

Just as a tip - I would suggest renew the fuel filer as well -- while this wouldn't fit the sooty plugs issue - they do clog quite easily these and cause running issues - so its worth doing that while you are doing.

So thats the way forward on this one now for you.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything else -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.