vauxdoc
vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician
10908802

I have a Astra 1.6 Twinport 2004 which is running very poorly.

I have a Astra 1.6 Twinport 2004 which is running very poorly. The engine sounds muffled under acceleration and is barely able to go above 45mph. The EML light is on and that has shown up Cam Sensor fault which I have now had replaced (genuine part) but the light remains on. The car also hesitates under acceleration and is very flat. Could it be EGR valve related?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Hello, does it still have a cam sensor code ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it does

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that, as the sensor has been replaced and you still have a code for it then it could be a wiring fault (unlikely).

I suspect that with the poor performance that the valve timing has jumped as this will put that code in, you need to have it checked and corrected urgently before major damage happens to the valves.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need more help, best regards, Vauxdoc.