Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

Corsa C 1.8 SRI (2005), wont start + alarm going off

Customer Question

Corsa C 1.8 SRI (2005), won't start + alarm going crazy!... my car was completely fine since I had it in August, other than the alarm going off for 3 seconds randomly when I start it. I was trying to change the dipped beam on the PS headlights and the new bulb still did not work. I gave up, connected everything back up and the car was DEAD, no lights, and a LOUD ticking noise from the fuse box, so I assumed it was the battery. I got my friend to help me jump start it, and it did not start, it cranked, but didn't start. All whilst I'm trying to start it the alarm start going off. The car will not lock now, it makes the locking noise, but it doesn't lock... seems as though all the electrics are suddenly messed up. It was fine 2 hours ago! Do I need a new battery? What else could be causing alarm issues and not starting? ECU? Please help, Kind regards

I heard it could be the power sounder? But the question is, why didn't it start when it was being jump started? It has fuel in it?

Category: Vauxhall