Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi I have an Opel Corsa Njoy 2003 and over the past week the

Hi I have an Opel Corsa Njoy 2003 and over the past week the temp gauge is rising on short journeys eg 15 kms approx its not going into the red up to about 90 where it is normally around the 80 85 mark and there is a smell of heat when the car is parked up after driving its seems to get worse while in traffic ie engine on but idle have checked oil, water levels etc and are ok just wondering is there any other reason for same
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What engine size/fuel type do you have in the car?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1297 engine petrol

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

One of the first thing to check would be the cooling fan operation - so other words it would be case ensuring it has seized and is actually kicking in as and when it reaches the point on the temp gauge in which you hear it - if it doesnt then a proper inspection of the wiring/fuses/relay would need to be checked aswell as a direct power supply to it to ensure it does responf "the fan motor" - also it would be worth at least changing the thermostat and refill the system again and test drive and see if the issue is solved..if it hasnt then the next step is to have the radiator checked it could be partially blocked and not allow a proper flow around the engine so again have that check/backlfushed out and se if that helps..also you need to ensure or have your garage make sure the water is circulating as per ensuring the water pump is actually performing and not becoming weak thus you get an inproper flow of coolant around the engine..so there are few things that can be checked /replaced or done to narrow down each area..as long as they are totally sure there is no cross contamination/or mass increase in expansion tank pressure or bubbles in the system "if they have engine block dye tester kit they can test for gases in the coolant system as this would rule out whether this is headgasket related or not" but as above certainly try the thermostat first and the engine coolaning fan checked out and see if that helps..I do hope this helps..If you need to as anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK